President - Mary Ellen Alwardt
Vice-President - Paul Brodeur
Recording Secretary -
Membership Secretary - Adele Rohe
Correspondence Secretary -
Treasurer -Gerry Howell
Business Outreach - Anne Marie Dillon
Educational Outreach - Nancy Thrasher
Commitees & Heads
Zoning & Wastewater - Doug Brown
Beautification - Debbie Aldrich & Cathy Lutes
Historical - Cynthia Botelho
Directors At Large - Helen Mustafa
Mission Statement for the East Falmouth Village Association
To maintain and preserve the separate physical integrity of the historic East Falmouth Village by promoting responsible growth & development in East Falmouth, to work towards improving safe pedestrian & vehicular flow, and to encourage responsible stewardship of the villages land & water resources.
Course of Action
- To encourage, organize, and facilitate involvement of neighborhoods most directly impacted by development in the town government process, so as to give them a voice in matters directly affecting their immediate area.
- To communicate the following guidelines to the Falmouth Planning Board and Falmouth Zoning Board of Appeals with reference to future commercial uses:
- Encourage commercial uses which primarily serve the commercial needs of the village.
- Locate commercial uses within the village center, rather than peripheral areas.
- Promote future commercial uses when a need for the village can be demonstrated.
- Enhance extensive commercial areas already established to avoid the extension of commercial strip zoning along Route 28.
- Limit further rezoning of properties to business use until existing business zoned areas within the village have been fully utilized.
- Consolidate curb cuts within multiple business clusters.
- To promote responsible expansion of affordable housing that takes into account the following:
- Even distribution of affordable units throughout the Town of Falmouth
- Impact of such expansion on traffic flow.
- No detriment to the natural resources.
- Input from neighborhoods most directly impacted by such development.
- To encourage Traditional Cape Cod Architecture & Signage indicative of the area.
- To add historic zoning where appropriate.
- To ensure environmentally sound development/redevelopment of properties in, but not limited to, environmentally sensitive areas and coastal pond overlay districts.
- Help to advance the development of comprehensive town-wide wastewater plan.
- To promote the protection of the extensive farming resources indigenous to the Village of East Falmouth
- To be involved with both State and DPW roadway projects within the village during the planning stages to influence both public safety concerns as well as aesthetics.
- To educate residents about the need for the sustainable balance of land uses.